Monday 16 April 2012

Vacation, Vacation, Renovation..?

I've leared a few new things in the last week that I've been on vacation.

1. Although it's good to make plans for vacation, make time to relax.
2. Although it's good to make time to relax on vacation, make some plans.
3. I really really love fashion & home decor, but I don't put enough time into it in order to let my style evolve.

The first two items on that list are so true. I believe most people need to have some plans for vacation (I didn't make enough plans), but don't over plan (which I also did). You see, I am renovating my home. I have been doing so for nearly one year now. Although it is an adventurous endeavour to say the least, I must say that it does become tiresome to live in this "state" for so long. I've got to quicken the pace, and this is why I have invited friends to visit for dinner for the first time in many months. Yikes! The main challenge is of course, the financial one, which is why I have done more tearing down of things than putting up. In fact I don't believe I have put anything new up at all. It is a disaster, but it will look amazing once I find my bearings again and put my style dreams from imagination to paper to reality. But I digress. This is really about vacation, right? Well, yes and no. When on vacation (if you are a renovator like myself), don't make plans only for renovation-type activities. Make plans to relax out of the house. Escape can be total bliss, even for an introvert like me!

Here are some pictures of my home-sweet-home before I started to renovate:

Dining Room

Living Room

Foyer, Front Closet & Bathroom

There are also 2 bedrooms, the kitchen and a storage closet but I dont have very good pictures of those.

So my question to you is if you have renovated, how did you keep yourself organized and sane through the entire process?

Thanks for reading!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment